Tuesday, December 4, 2007

and the eyes have it

For those of you who don’t know me, I have an obsession with all things eyelash. Having spent nearly all my life with barely-there lashes, I am willing to try anything and everything that may boost my cils. The ones I’m using now include Rimmel Maxxx, Lancome L’Extencils, MAC Plush Lash and L’Oreal HIP High Drama Volumizing Mascara. But at any given moment, I also have three unopened tubes of mascara in my bathroom. I say unopened because I can’t justify having more than say four mascaras in use at once! It's like new underwear and socks - I always have at least one new pair for a special occassion. Waiting in the wings, I have a Diorshow, MAC Fiber Lash and Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender.

I always seem to go back to Diorshow but I love trying new ones. The L’Oreal HIP one is also one of my favorites although I don’t think the tube has staying power. It tends to get goopy after a few weeks. But the product itself really plump up my lashes.

I like to mix my mascaras too. For a while I was using Rimmel Maxxx, Lancome L’Extencils and L’Oreal at the same time, in that order. I do that when I’m not wearing much else on my face.

MAC Plush Lash works the best if you roll the wand upwards as you apply. It really curls. It has this dual action brush that's a little bit awkward at first but you get used to it. (I have to give it to MAC though, they have great mascaras that are really reasonably priced - think drugstore brands!)




The willing-to-sell-my-soul-to-the-devil-for-lashes product is hands down the Jan Marini Age Intervention Eyelash magic potion. I’ve been using it for a little over a year now and you can ask any one of my friends and they’ll tell you that my lashes are super long compared to before. I don’t know how it works but it does. I must warn you though, it’s pretty expensive at $160 a tube (you apply it like you would liquid liner). But SkinWest always has random discounts that range from 20-30% off so I recommend that you sign up on the mailing list and buy it when they have a promotion. *wink wink*



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you Cuz. Cover girl Lash Blast mascara is a must try! Trust me!

Anonymous said...

Personally, I love DiorShow, and nothing I've tried has compared. I'm trying out Mac Plush Lash and it's fine, but just not the same...guess I'll still be forking over that $24 a tube. *sigh*