Monday, January 7, 2008

me so hungy...

Do you ever have those days where everything food related is working against you? That was me last Friday. It started out as a normal morning, you might even call it good - we got free bagels at work and I had half a bagel. I usually have yoga during lunch on Fridays so I planned on picking up a little something afterwards. But I ended up so effing busy, all I had was one of the humbows I had made a couple days before.

That filled me up for awhile but by the end of the day I was hangry. (Hangry = hungry + angry.) But unfortunately, I had an appointment that I was already late for so I didn't have time to get anything to eat. By the time I was done with my appointment, it was past 7 pm so my bf and I went out to eat. Nothing sounded good... All I knew was that I wanted to cram my face with something satisfying.

After driving around my bf suggested we try this place nearby for good/bad Chinese food. You know the kind I'm talking about... It's not exactly authentic, but you still love the moo goo gai pan. Anyway, it was my bad for not sticking with the plan. I should've just ordered the orange chicken but nooooooo... I read the menu and decided to try one of the Hometown Specialities. I mean, you'd think if it's the speciality of the town, it'd be kinda good but apparently their hometown was a landfill because they served me a plate of hot fried garbage. Yep. It was a pile of gray meat and shredded carrots.

I took a couple bites but it was just foul. I left completely upset and on the verge of tears. Across the street from the "restaurant" was a Taco Bell and my bf tried to be nice and said we'd pick something up from there. I guess the intercom at the drive-thru was malfunctioning because my bf couldn't understand a single thing he was saying. The poor guy kept telling him to "pull up to the window" and my butthead bf kept yelling "I don't want a potato burrito!" WTH??

Anyway, we finally get up to the window and order a crunchwrap supreme. You know what happens next??? My bf pays for the thing then effing drives off before we get the food!!! I'm so on edge that I burst out crying in the car because there's no food for me!

There I am, sobbing in the parking lot of Taco Bell as my bf runs in and grabs the food. And then he forgets the hot sauce. WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Note to self: Buy some emergency food for my bag and car.

No comments: