Monday, July 28, 2008

truckin' along

My little knitting project is starting to come together. I'm just past the border along the bottom. I tend to get obsessive about my knitting and now my arms are sore. I was also kinda grumpy dumpy this weekend so the knitting kept me occupied.

I'm having some knitter's remorse with the color I chose though. When I was at the knit shop the other day, they didn't have enough yarn for the two (dark) colors that I really liked. For some reason, I really wanted to steer clear of my usual black or grey, which in hindsight would have been a better choice.

And then I saw this grey-ish blue tweed yarn. I mean, it's pretty and all, but it's starting to look really homemade! I mean, if I was in the Savvy department at Nordstrom, would I really buy this vest? (Oh who am I kidding.. This this might be something you'd find in BP - most likely some place like Eddie Bauer.)

Well, it's still early, maybe when I'm closer to finishing I'll decide this vest is wearable and not just a waste of $100 in yarn. (I hate how expensive yarn is! I could buy a couple sweaters on sale for that price! So much for saving money!)

1 comment:

Teal Chic said...

Wow that's beautiful! I just started knitting in December and am working on scarves...hopefully I'll move up to your caliber! I agree with you on yarn, I too don't understand why it has to be so expensive! I need to raise some sheep and spin my own lol