Thursday, September 4, 2008

she got it from her mama..

I think I'm going through shopping withdrawals. I've been totally grumpy and I know it's because I haven't bought any clothes in a while.

Yes, I did go to H&M and F21 over the weekend.

And yes, I did have an armful of clothes.

But no, I put everything back because I just wasn't that into it.

Anyway, all this moping around got me started on digging around my closet for something old that I could pretend was new. Needless to say, I hate my outfit today. I don't even want to talk about what a mess I am today. Phooey.

On the bright side, I got to looking through my piles of bags.

My mommy used to be such a fashionista! These days she's all about sweater sets and capris but back in the day.. Look at this georgeous Chanel bag that I scavenged a while back.

Can you believe that she was on the verge of just "getting rid" of it! The horror!

(It's not like she didn't totally give away my first pair of Jimmy Choos. *sigh* She thought they were hers.. "No wonder they didn't fit!" Oh mommy...)

I totally remember when she bought this bag too - I was probably in 5th or 6th grade. We went to the Chanel boutique so many times to look at it because she felt so guilty for finally being able to afford it. Daddy convinced her that she deserved it.

I've been thinking about sending the bag back to Chanel and having it refurbished. The gal in the boutique says it takes a few months but it's worth it. Hmmm.. Maybe..

Anyway, it's good being the only daughter because I pretty much cleared out mommy's closet in one swoop. I'll share more of the loot later. A crocodile clutch anyone? And more Chanel to come... Ooof.

4 comments:

tam pham said...

can't wait to hear more about the chanel loot! tell me NOW! :-)

Da Fashionista said...

eeks i love these peeks!!!

loving that you can send them in to be refurbished. good to know as i was just thinking the other day i am putting alot of wear on my one and lonely chanel :)

lookrichbitch said...

tp (haha!)-
I'll try to post 'em soon! Ugh.. My mommy is big on purging her closet and I know she got rid of a Louis at some point. She's crazy I tell you!

d-

I think the gal said it was $100-200 to have it sent back, but they really go through the whole thing and take care of the bag. It's worth it to me since since you spent a ton on it!

Angela said...

i am there with you. i love to take my mommy's old bag too.