Wednesday, January 21, 2009

good day, sunshine

I have this self-imposed rule of allowing myself to buy fancy sunnies every other year. Somehow, because of the usual lack of sunny days in Seattle, I can't seem to justify such a purchase every year. Not to mention the fact that sunglasses are upwards of $300 these days! Eff that!

Luckily, this is the year I get to indulge and I've just started my researching.

I've always liked the Chloe round sunglasses. Sad as I am to admit this, I basically have a flat nose and a flat face so not all sunnies are wearable without leaving an unsightly crease on my cheeks. The Chloes actually fit! But this particular model has been out for a while and I wonder if I'll get sick of them too quickly.

The YSLs have a fun frame but they're pretty pricey. And just because I'm allowed to splurge doesn't mean I want to go crazy. That much. Besides, they're a bit on the gaudy side. Subtly is key. I hate wearing sunnies that scream designer.

I also really like these Pradas, not necessarily in pink - I just love the shape. But there's a fine line between being huge and being HUGE. And I think they might be closer to the latter. Again, we're back to the whole flat faced thing.

And finally, here are my favorites so far. I am in love with these Chanels. Partly because they're Chanel but mainly because of the frame. Adore the color. And you can just barely see that there's a threaded cultured pearl near the temple. It just adds an extra bit of luxury without being obnoxious.

So what's the verdict? I don't know yet. I haven't even started trying aviators!

I know it's still early for me to be looking since it's crazy foggy here but I want to find the perfect pair that I'll be happy with for the next two years.

1 comment:

Da Fashionista said...

my advice is always: get the chanels :)