Friday, July 18, 2008

do i love it?

No. Not really. Not yet.

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole perm. One the one hand, the luscious waves that I was imagining turned out a lot tighter than I had envisioned or wanted. On the other hand, my natural curls are definitely more defined and smooth, which is a plus. But still not what I wanted. Think Carrie on SATC when she has her wild curly hair - though I've managed to keep the volume to a minimum!

I haven't washed and styled my hair on my own yet, so I don't really want to complain. Yet.

The one thing that really bothered me was when Yuki was starting to diffuse my hair, the curls actually looked decent but then this random girl came over and offered to help her dry my hair. Next thing you know, she's running her fingers through my hair like a comb!

One of the cardinal rules that all Curly-Sues know is that you don't ever comb the curls! You end up with broken waves and frizz.

Am I totally against doing it again? Definitely not. I think my dream waves are still achievable - I just need to be more clear about how big and fancy I really want the waves to be.

BTW Miss Loosy, I asked them about folks who are color fiends, and Yuki said they recommend not coloring and perming at the same time. As long as you give your hair a rest for a few weeks between processes, you can do it too!

Miss Brooke, the style waves they do allow for the grow out to be more natural so I'm hoping that that will be the case for me! And the rest of you, depending on how your hair is, the perm can last anywhere from 2-3 months or longer. Oh and for my length of hair, it was a reasonable $145.

I'll post a pic of the finished product once I can wash my hair and restyle it! I promise! Keep your fingers crossed that the curls loosen up! I have faith that I'll find my perfect hair!

1 comment:

Da Fashionista said...

i am soooooo anxious for you. everything is crossed.

kiss,
D

p.s. go check my stylish destination wedding off my site. i think she is doing something similar.

post soon!