Monday, February 9, 2009

i did it!

...cue Rocky theme song

I completed my first 5K run of the year in not-so-record time. (I can't believe the 1st woman to finish was done in 18 minutes!)

Anyway, I think I did okay - finished in 35:04 minutes. Although not very impressive, considering that I haven't been running at all it was quite a feat. I seriously thought it would take me a good 45 minutes!

Sure, I felt like stopping for a vomit break but I muddled through somehow and was a mere 30 seconds behind my short-legged cousin Mango. After picking up a bunch of post-run freebies, we headed off for a hearty breakfast - chicken fried steak with gravy on the side.. Mmmm...

who/what/wear:
pink jacket - Stella McCartney for adidas
top - lululemon
running pants - nike
running shoes - nike
neck gator - columbia

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

congrats girl! so impressed.

Tabitha said...

Yay isn't that such a great feeling...I did my first one last year. :)

Da Fashionista said...

ayayayyaya you!