Wednesday, February 25, 2009

long weekend part iv - you win some, then you dim sum

Monday:

Woke up pretty early to start the long ride home. Got to Richmond just in time for lunch!

It's not a trip to B.C. if I don't get to stop at my favorite joint, Fisherman's Terrace. I always get a little overzealous when it comes to ordering dim sum - eyes are definitely bigger than my stomach!

At the top of the list was soup dumplings - filled with pork, fresh scallop and shark's fin in a rich and flavorful broth. I can eat these all m*thaf*ckin' day! They're so good they make me cuss.

And you can't have dim sum without have at least one variation of the shrimp dumpling - we had two! One had chives in it and the other had scallop with shrimp. Mmmmm...

Hunny Bunny and I ate a whole bunch of other stuff but I was too busy crammin' my face to bother taking any more pictures.

P.S. Will the lo fans please stop dousing everything in soy sauce?? Dim sum is not meant to be dipped in soy sauce. It's tasty enough as is. That is all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

goddam gwai lohs be drownin' the dim sum in soy sauce! haha. that really chaps my hide. that dim sum looks excellent. mebbe it's time to cruise up there again.

drollgirl said...

DAMMIT. this looks/sounds so good.

tam pham said...

talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!! you've been posting a ton of food pics too :-)! dim sum yum yum.

Tabitha said...

Yum! I love dim sum...if anything I miss most about the NW is asian food. Plus my bro lives in Richmond so I know JUST how good all the food is there. YUM!