Friday, December 7, 2007

too old for this

So I watched the season finale of Tim Gunn's Guide to Style last night (did I ever tell you about the time Tim was having lunch at the table next to my cousin's and me? we were so excited! but that's neither here nor there...) and the woman's issue was that she was dressing like a 20-something when she's actually a 40-something. I swear, sometimes I feel like I dress too young. Granted, I just turned 30 but still. Should I really stop shopping at Hollister? Should I not wear Juicy sweats?

Every now and then I'll try on a mini skirt at Abercrombie, only to realize I look completely ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that the old lady in my head bursts out laughing as she tells me she can see my booty hanging out. Seriously, I really like buying clothes at American Eagle! Maybe that's why my boss thought I was 22. I guess that's sort of a good thing, right? No one ever believes I'm 30, but is it because of my clothes? Today I'm wearing wide leg pants from AE (which I LOOOOOVE), a top from Old Navy and a sweater from BP. Those are all the stores my 12 year old niece shops at.

I don't want to be known as the old lady trying desperately to hold onto her youth. Maybe I already am! Eep!

UPDATE: Okay, I could be wrong about my clothes... I got three compliments today! Then again, they probably think I'm only 24 and am dressed appropriately - little do they know, I'm an old hag with good skin. Thanks gramma!

No comments: