Tuesday, June 3, 2008

i need steak

Whenever I'm PMSing, I totally crave steak. I also get seriously grumpy. And the only way to aleviate the grump is shopping. (That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!)

My brother's friend Saki just opened up a cute little boutique on 1st and Columbia, in Downtown Seattle, called Shaula. They specialize in affordable (most items I saw were under $100) Japanese designers. I found tons of adorable tunic tops - both romantic and edgy styles. I hope Saki decides to throw a grand opening soiree. I think her clothes would appeal to a lot of the local fashionistas in search of unique, nearly-one-of-a-kind clothing. (She stocks only 2-3 pieces of any one item and gets new shipments weekly!)

The biggest drawback of the merchandise is that most of it is tailored towards skinny girls and only come in one size. If you've got big arms, girl, you might not want to try that top on. Ouch!

I did pick up this cute, drapey vest though. My photo really doesn't do it justice. It's kinda boho and elegant at the same time. The vest came with a small pin to fasten it in different styles. But I have this floral pin that got at a St. John fashion show a little while ago that I think I'll use instead.

Yes, I know. St. John?? It was a benefit fashion show hosted by Nordstrom. A reporter friend of mine invited me and I couldn't say no! Anyway, the flower pin is quite cute and really, attending any fashion show is always fun!

After Shaula, my apetite for shopping was not yet satiated. I ended up going to a boutique near my house and finding a couple clearance items that I don't feel guilty for buying! They were both 85% off.. I practically got them for free!

I love how comfy this striped top is by Les Chemins Blanc. I love anything French!

I also picked up this great top by Samantha Treacy. It'll be perfect for Mexico in three weeks! (I keep using Mexico as an excuse to buy stuff even though we're only going to be there for a few days. I don't think I'll be able to wear all the stuff I've been alotting for the trip! D'oh!)

1 comment:

tam pham said...

tam likey the samantha treacy top!!! it'll be perfect for sipping on margaritas and eating quacomole!