Sunday, February 22, 2009

long weekend part ii - valentine's day

Saturday:
HB is not exactly known for his romantic gestures. This Valentine's Day was no different. Spent the early part of the day attempting to revive my inner shred Betty. Not so much. I'm just thankful that I'm not quite back to square one. In fact, I'm definitely back to where I ended the last time I rode. Muscle memory? Perhaps. Refusing to let HB doubt my mad skills? Heck yeah.

Anyway, after several runs I wasn't falling. That much. Anymore. And by then HB was only yelling at me a little bit.

Not to be outdone by the morning's festivities, the rest of the day proved to be even more wondrous. During our stroll through Whistler Village, HB treated me to an artery clogging treat - poutine!

This mouthwatering load of smothered and covered goodness has truly mystical powers - I was in a daze after making mouth-love to fries covered in cheese curds and gravy and hot sauce.

Dinner was mostly uneventful. Because of V-day, all the Village restaurants were booked so we decided to stay in and make dinner in our condo. HB's bff's non-gf made a lovely roast that HB stole from me after I barely ate half.

All this was followed by a rousing game of Texas hold 'em. And lots and lots of drinking. Which led to this:

Not exactly HB's crowning moment.


He'll probably kill me after he realizes that I've exposed his weakest moment. D'oh! Not that he doesn't deserve to feel a little chagrin.. It's not like he didn't go barfing over the balcony. To be honest, I've never seen him that trashed before. And I never want to see it again. Icky.

P.S. At least he finally got his hair cut. I have no idea what his latest obsession with hobos is all about.

1 comment:

tam pham said...

the fries look good (but hold the gravy for me! blech)! hb doesn't look so good...poor baby.